- Week One: "What is Your Story About?" - Concept to outline. Who are the character? Why this story? Who is your audience? Basics of formatting.
- Week Two: "The First 10 Pages" - Off and running, participants will go from outline to the page with the goal of writing three-four scenes for review.
- Week Three: "The First 20 Pages" - Continuing the process of moving the story forward toward page 20.
- Week Four: "The First 33 Pages" - We've arrived at the end of the journey! We will discuss the rewrite process and focus on tightening dialogue, focusing character development and strengthening plot.
- Week Five: (July 11) - "Performance" - Participants will hear select scenes of their script in performance, read by actors over Zoom! Any participants who would like to participate will be encouraged to submit pages. Actors will be cast for the readings for a special performance over Zoom. If your script is not ready, you will still be encouraged to participate in the discussions.
“TRADE SECRETS workshop is a learning experience. They are not an audition or employment opportunity. When the workshop is over, the instructors teaching workshops will not be taking home nor be given access to your headshot, resume or any other of your promotional materials.”